Back to recipes
Maple Bacon Beef Burgers
- 1 pound ground beef (96% lean)
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 extra-thick slices Maplewood-smoked bacon, cut in half, cooked crisp
- Combine ground beef, beer, and Worcestershire in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties
- Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut-side down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Place burgers on bottom of buns; top with bacon slices. Close sandwiches.
Cook's Tip: Reduced-sodium or regular bacon may be substituted for Maplewood smoked bacon.